The grapes for Vlassides Cabernet Sauvignon are grown in selected, non-irrigated vineyards in the areas of Kilani and Vouni on mount Afamis.
Vlassides Cabernet Sauvignon is a complex and multifaceted wine with soft tannins that indicate its aging in barrel and bottle.
The wine matures one year in French oak barrels, followed by one year in the bottle.
The wine was bottled unfiltered and it is recommended to be decanted for about an hour before serving, at 18°C.
Potential of ageing of at least ten years.
Year of Harvest
12th International Cyprus Wine Competition 2019
11th International Cyprus Wine Competition 2018
Bronze Medal – Score 86
Commended – Score 85
Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2017
9th International Cyprus Wine Competition 2016
8th International Cyprus Wine Competition 2015
7th International Cyprus Wine Competition 2012
5th International Cyprus Wine Competition 2010
Cabernet Sauvignon Vlassides
93% Cabernet Sauvignon
7% Cabernet Franc
The harvest takes place at the end of September. Skin contact lasts from seven up to ten days. After malolactic fermentation, the wine matures in French oak barrels for twelve months.
Intense with a multi-facet character, this wine rewards you in every tasting, with its concrete personality.
- Aromas of black currant, ripe raspberry, plum, white pepper, mint, chocolate, vanilla and smoke, compose its versatile aromatic profile.
- High but round tannins which balance ideally with the acidity
- Rich body with a long aftertaste.
- Suggested bottle opening 1 to 2 hours before tasting.
- Potential of ageing for an additional period of 8 to 10 years.
Harvest Information 2017:
|Reducing Sugars:||1 g/l|
October until July
17 °C – (9/2017)
28,5 °C – (9/2017)